Back in June, Google released a native app for Google Drive – its cloud based service. But the initial version only gave iOS device users the ability to view documents, photos and videos from their Google Drive account.
Google has released a major update for Google Drive app, which includes features such as the ability to edit documents, richer Google presentations with animations and speaker notes, ability to create a new folder or a document and lots more.
Here’s the list of new features in Google Drive v1.1.0:
- Edit Google documents with formatting and collaboration
- Edits to your Google documents appear to collaborators in seconds
- Richer Google presentations with animations and speaker notes
- Create a new folder or Google document
- Upload photos and videos from your device or a photo directly from your camera
- Move an item to a folder in your Drive
- Delete and remove files from your Drive
- Drive is now available in over 30 languages
Click on this image to see all the screenshots
With the launch of Google Drive, Google merged cloud hosting with doc editing and it has now brought that vision to iOS devices.
You can download the latest version of Google Drive via the Update tab in the App Store app or download it from this direct App Store link.